There is a saying in Spanish that goes like this "Lo prometido es deuda" which means, "what you promised, now you owe it".
So I promised in my last post of the Homemade Burger Buns - No Machines that I was going to show you as well how to make the burger patties. I know (and I think I have said this before) that there are many places all around the world were you can buy good quality frozen patties and just pop'em out of the freezer, grill them and they are ready, but here, in this jungle paradise you can't find anything like that, I even have to grind the meat on my own.
The markets here are very... I guess you can say... "real"... when you go there shopping you get to see and learn a lot about where your food is coming from and how does it look when it is not processed, and though at the beginning this was shocking I guess in time, you realize that you actually love the freshness of it.
Any way, I will show how to make the burger patties assuming that you do have ground beef available in your local shops, but if you don't, and you don't know how to grind it, please leave me a comment and I will be glad to help you out with this.
Burger Patties Recipe from Scratch
(makes 6, 125 grs. Patties)
- 600 grs. of Ground Beef. (I use tenderloin and grind it at home)
- 1/2 a white Onion finely diced
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 egg
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Make 125 grs. (4 oz) balls with the meat mix and press them down to form the patties. This will be really sticky. It helps if you wet your hands with some water.
- Grill or fry them until cooked. (you can tell they are done when you press it and the juices come out clear).
- Serve with a nice Homemade Burger Buns - No Machines and some French fries.
I really hope you guys enjoy this recipe and leave me a comment if you have any questions about it.