For the past 7 years, I have been aiming for recipes that are quick, mess free, easy to make and that i can freeze. This meat loaf fills all the requirements and also has a special feature... it is not only easy to make, mess free, quick and freezable but you can also turn the left overs into a completely different dish, which is a bonus for the picky eaters like myself that don't like to eat the same thing too close together in the month.
Before I start i will like to tell you how to add extra flavor into this recipe. What i do is I sauteé the diced onions until they are golden brown so they bring forth all their flavor instead of just adding them raw. So here is a little picture tutorial on how to do that.
This extra step is optional, if you are short in time then adding them raw is fine. So, let's get started...
Meat Loaf Recipe
- 700 grs. of minced beef
- 1 white onion minced (method above optional)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- A handful of fresh herbs chopped (oregano, parsley and chives are my favorite mix)
- Salt, Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180C / 375 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until they are all well combined.
- Grease a rectangular small pyrex, I don't know about sizes but it says at the bottom 1.5QT / 1.4Lt.(use the picture below for reference)
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the juices are coming out clear and not cloudy when poke with a skewer.
To serve, you can pour on top some of this Homemade Ragu Sauce or you can make this quick gravy just so it doesn't look too dry on the plate... here is a quick photo tutorial for that...
And finally... serve with some rice or mash potatoes and.... tah dah!!!! Mess free Meat Loaf.
Hope you enjoy making this delicious Meat Loaf and let me know in the comments if you have any questions. Special thanks to all of my readers that keep waiting for me to finally find some time to blog, I have so much I want to show you, so I will try harder to keep you up to date with my latest recipes and crafts.