Blueberries are new around this corner of the world. I can surely say that I have never seen a blueberry until I was an adult and travel around the world a little bit, so trying new recipes with them is a must for me.
I am bringing you today a No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake recipe. This cheesecake is fresh, colorful and very easy to make, the perfect treat for those summer months that are coming ahead.
I have seen in some supermarkets that you can buy the cookie base already made, but i like to make my own.
This is the same base I used on my Lemon Meringue Pie the only difference is that this is a no-bake recipe.
Let's get started...
For the base
- 2 cups of crushed vanilla crackers (Mary Crackers)
- 3/4 cups of melted butter
- 1 cup of thick heavy cream
- 1 8oz bar of cream cheese
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (I use limes cause there are no lemons here)
- 1 tbsp of uncolored unsweetened gelatin
- 1/4 cup of room temperature water to dissolve the gelatin
- 1 cup of Blueberry jam.
Note: I make my own Blueberry jam so I can decide how runny i want it. You can use store bought jam all right and if you notice that it is too thick, just add a little bit of warm water to it until you get a runnier consistency.
For the Base
- Melt the butter and mix it with the cookies until all is well combined.
- Pad it with your fingers into a 9 inches pie mold. I use a glass one, but it doesn't make any difference if you use a tin or a silicone one.
For the Filling:
For this step you can either use a blender or a stick blender, I only have the second one so that's what I use to make this cheesecake.
- Blend together the cream cheese, cream, condensed milk and vanilla until it looks smooth and everything is being combined well and there are no lumps.
- Add lemon juice and mix again.
- In a cup, mix gelatin with room temperature water and let it sit for 1 minute to soak up the water. Then heat it up for 30 seconds in the microwave, mix until it is dissolved and you can't see any of the grains. If it needs another 30 seconds in the microwave then it is fine, just repeat the process until you get a smooth mix. NOTE: All the gelatin packets come with their own instructions for dissolving it, so if the one you've got is any different then just follow the manufacturer's instructions, just remember that for this recipe we need 1 tablespoon of powder gelatin.
- Bring one tablespoon of the cream cheese mix into the gelatin and mix well, this is just to level the temperature and then pour it all back into the blender and blend until it is all combined.
- Pour mix onto the cookie base.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour the blueberry jam on top of the cheesecake, and it is done!
Keep it refrigerated, though I am sure it won't last long in there!
Hope you guys enjoy making this recipe and if you have any questions or comments just leave me a note and I will get back to you.